Testia Clad Tool NDT technique, is a measurement of remaining cladding thickness by high frequency eddy current testing after blending out.
- GO/ NO GO device.
- Thickness fuselage range : 1.3 mm to 5.3 mm.
- Material: Aluminium Alloy.
- Paint thickness: O μm < paint thickness < 350 μm thickness.
- Applicable to all Airbus programs.
Step by Step Simplified Interface:
- Probe selection and automatic setup.
- Automatic calibration and checking device on the reference block.
- Automatic balancing of the device near the blend out.
- Scanner: to assess 100% surface coverage.
- Present or missing clad on the fuselage indicate by a simple LED:
-RED : No CLAD + Sound ALARM.
-GREEN : presence of CLAD.
- Coupling monitoring with a LED and lift-off sound alarm.
(Referenced in the NTM 51-10-30 Procedure):
- Base: “Smart UE1″” instrument.
- Included Accessories: 2 probes (1 pencil + 1 flat), reference block (AI2024) with and without clad), scanning frame, 2 probe holders.