ScanTech X2 Spider CORROSION MAPPING CRAWLER
The X2 Spider is a third generation remote scanner capable of ultrasonic corrosion inspection for tanks, pipes and vessels. The parts are machined from billet 6061 Aluminium and 303 stainless steel with strategic cavities for weight reduction.
This combination provides a durable yet agile crawler. The X2 is a highly maneuverable system and is capable of traversing difficult obstructions made possible by the high suspension compliance. It is designed with a proprietary direct drive gear set and does not use any belts, chains, set screws, or clamps, which eliminates slippage.
The unit is completely sealed from the environment and has a hard coat anodized exterior to reduce environmental wear on the system. The scanner utilizes rare earth motors with the highest power density available to provide a high-performing crawler. Single and dual element transducers are included in the system to adjust for variable conditions. Each scanner is manufactured in-house and is rigorously tested, so ensuring the scanner is of the highest quality.
- Capability: Includes a sealed positional encoder for B-scan acquisition.
- Accessibility: Capable of navigating obstructions up to 2 inches high with all wheels contacting the surface.
- Automation: Analyst X Software provides automated data acquisition, analysis and reporting.
- Adaptability: Can be paired with the D2S software to inspect paper machine dryer rolls.
- Weight: 5″ (127 mm).
- Length: 11″ (279 mm).
- Width: 16.25″ (414 mm).
- Weight: 19 lbs (8.6 kgs).
- Magnetic Pull Force: 60 lbs/wheel. 240 lbs total 1066 N).
- Cable Length: 100 ft (30.5 M).
- Speed (Under Full Load): 10″/s (330 mm/s).
- Tractive Pull: 109 lbs (484 N).
- Wheel Base: 4.75″ (127 mm).
- Obstacle Clearance: 1.25″ (32 mm) with incline <45°.
- Suspension Conformity: All wheels contact with 2″ (51 mm) elevation of one wheel.
- Power Requirements: 90 – 240 VAC or 12 – 24 VDC Battery Option.
- Operating Voltage: 29 VDC, 5 VDC encoder.
- Joystick Control: 50 ft (15 M) cable.
- Water System Power: AC or battery option.