GOLDEN ENGINEERING XRS4 PULSED X-RAY GENERATOR
Golden Engineering has recently released the XRS-4 light duty pulsed-ray machine. Pulsed X-rays generate a high intensity X-ray energy burst (pulse) in 15 nano seconds.
Golden Engineering has recently released the XRS-4 light duty pulsed-ray machine. Pulsed X-rays generate a high intensity X-ray energy burst (pulse) in 15 nano seconds. The output dose of each pulse is approximately 5 mR measured 30 cms in front of the X-ray machine. Maximum penetration is close to 50 mm of steel using a digital imaging system. Pulsed X-ray technology has inherent advantages for field operation compared to conventional constant potential X-ray machines or radioactive sources.
- Extremely small PORTABLE unit with significant penetrating capability.
- Pulsed technology generates high energy output voltage using minimal input voltage.
- Features DeWalt® battery pack, electronic control module, and high voltage tube in a single package design.
- Costs less than alternative technologies.
- Minimal regulative costs compared to a radioactive source.
- Significant savings in time and labour.
- Simple user interface with variable pulse setting.
- Compatible with CR, DR digital imaging and high speed film using a fluorescent screen.
- Easily attaches to a tripod or custom fixture.
- Can be operated during normal business hours without evacuating an entire facility.
- Minimal side and rear leakage means operator stand-off distance is 20 feet behind the unit.
- Contains no hazardous material, making transportation hassle-free.
- Size (including battery pack): 49.5 cm x 11.5 cm x 21.6 cm.
- Weight: (including battery pack) 10.5 kgs.
- Output: dose 4.0 mR/pulse min, measured 30 cm from source.
- Pulse rate: 10 pulses per second.
- X-ray source size: 3 mm.
- Maximum photon energy: 370 KVP.
- X-ray pulse width: 15 nano seconds.
- X-ray beam angle: 40 degrees.
- Current draw: 17 amps.
- Power supply: DeWalt® 18V, removable, rechargeable.
- Battery recharge time: 1 hour with standard DeWalt charger.
- Maximum duty cycle: 200 pulses per 4 minutes.
- Warm-up: None Required.
- Warranty: 1 year Limited Warranty.