ULTRAGEL II is Sonotech’s premier ambient temperature, water-based ultrasonic couplant with a 30+ year history of reliability and superior performance and ferrous corrosion inhibition in the nuclear, aerospace and power generating industries. Due to its unsurpassed quality and reliability, ULTRAGEL II is the most frequently specified and used NDT couplant in the world. ULTRAGEL II is recommended for use in flaw detection, thickness gauging, flow metering, and acoustic emission testing.
ULTRAGEL II meets the Halogens and Sulfur requirements specified in NAVSHIPS MIL-STD-767. ULTRAGEL II meets ASTM F519 Hydrogen Embrittlement test on high strength steel, and has been tested for composite shear modulus, and aircraft aluminum corrosion and composite adhesion.
- Viscosity*: ~80,000 cps.
- Velocity: 1.65+.05 mm/Âµsec.
- Acoustic Impedance: -23Â° to 99Â° C.
- Water soluble: Yes.
- pH: 7.8+0.5.
- Humectant: Contains glycerine.
- Halogens (as Chlorides): < 50 ppm.
- Sulfur: < 50 ppm.
- Low melting point metals: minimal to none.
* Viscosity equivalents: 4,000k cps = thick paste, 550k cps = stiff gel, 150k cps= pourable gel, 20k cps = thick liquid.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org