Ultragel II is an industry-leading, high-performance, ultrasonic couplant for flaw detection and sizing, thickness gauging, flow metering and acoustic emission testing.
It is widely recognized as the industry’s most dependable and popular ultrasonic couplant. This general-purpose medium viscosity gel is known for its outstanding performance, excellent corrosion protection, thixotropic properties and comprehensive range of specifications and approvals.
- Clings well to vertical and overhead surfaces
- Fills in depressions in rough surfaces
- Highest corrosion protection
- Slow drying for longer inspection time
- Provides good transducer lubrication
- Increased acoustic impedance reduces surface noise
- Wide range of specifications and approvals
- Thixotropic gel
- Great surface wetting
- Nuclear grade
- Aerospace approvals
- Hydrogen embrittlement testing
ULTRAGEL II meets the Halogens and Sulfur requirements specified in NAVSHIPS MIL-STD-767. ULTRAGEL II meets ASTM F519 Hydrogen Embrittlement test on high strength steel, and has been tested for composite shear modulus, and aircraft aluminum corrosion and composite adhesion.
- Viscosity*: ~80,000 cps.
- Velocity: 1.65+.05 mm/Âµsec.
- Acoustic Impedance: -23Â° to 99Â° C.
- Water soluble: Yes.
- pH: 7.8+0.5.
- Humectant: Contains glycerine.
- Halogens (as Chlorides): < 50 ppm.
- Sulfur: < 50 ppm.
- Low melting point metals: minimal to none.
Available in: 12 fl oz / 354 mL bottles – 1 gal / 3.78 L – 5 gal / 18.9 L