MFE HPX High Performance X-Type Wall Crawler
The MFE – HPX Wall Crawler (High Performance X-Type) is the most capable and rugged magnetic crawler available.
The MFE – HPX Wall Crawler (High Performance X-Type) is the most capable and rugged magnetic crawler available. With it’s high maneuverability, highest power density rare earth magnet motors, lightweight at 12.5 lbs and sealed position encoder for B-Scan Buggy (also available), the MFE – HPX Wall Crawler is the fastest method for inspecting remote access areas and a much safer alternative for tank wall and roof inspection.
- Absolutely the fastest method for inspecting remote access areas.
- Large suspension travel; the best crawler available for difficult obstructions and surfaces.
- Turn-key system includes everything needed for ultrasonic tank corrosion inspection.
- Safer alternative for tank wall and roof inspection.
- Single and Dual element transducers for variable conditions.
- Parts machined from billet 6061 Aluminium and 303 stainless steel.
- Highly maneuverable.
- Sealed positional encoder for B-scan acquisition.
- Strategic weight reduction cavities.
- Tough hand coat anodizing.
- Highest power density rare earth motors available.
- Proprietary direct drive gear set design; no chains, belts, set screws, or clamps to allow slippage.
- Completely sealed unit.
- Improved spring detent suspension.
- Increased power, torque, and adhesion.
- Scanner Size: 10″W x 10.5″L x 5″H (254 mm x 267 mm x 127 mm).
- Scanner Weight: 12.5 lbs (5.7 kgs.).
- Driver Size: 10″W x 12.5″D x 4″H excluding handle (254 mm x 317 mm x 102 mm).
- Cable Length: 100 ft (30.5 M).
- Cable Weight: 9 lbs. (4 kgs.).
- Scanner Speed: 30 ft/minute (6″/second or 9.1 M/minute.
- Magnetic Pull: 150 lbs on 0.25 steel plate; 12.1 pull/weight ratio for scanner; 7.1 pull/weight ratio for scanner and entire cable.
- Tractive Pull: 72 lbs on 0.25 steel plate; 5.75:1 tractive pull/weight ratio.
- Wheel Base: 5″.
- Obstacle Clearance: Will crawl over a 1.25″ obstacle with incline of <45°.
- Suspension Conformity: All wheels contact with 2″ elevation of one wheel.
- Joystick Control: Remote Control, 50′ cable.
- Water System: AC Only (See WS2) or AC/DC Battery (See WS3).
- Power Requirements: AC Controller – 110VAC @ 1.35A (150W) 220VAC compatible.
- Scanner Operating Voltages: +/- 12VDC drive, 5VDC encoder.
- Standard Accessories: Optical Encoder w/line driver interface.