ASTM E2491 TYPE B PHASED ARRAY ASSESSMENT BLOCK, 1018 STEEL
The Phased Array Assessment Block is a general purpose Phased Array Calibration Block used for beam characterization and evaluation of system performance characteristics.
This block is used as a baseline block to determine long term instrument performance changes, generate DAC curves and evaluate linear/angular resolution, focusing ability and beam steering capability. With a variety of targets, this small, lightweight block is also perfect for customer demonstrations of phased array ultrasonic capabilities. This block is also referred to as a “Type B” block.
- Dimensions: 150 mm x 100 mm x 25 mm.
- Alloy: 1018 Steel, nickel plated.
- In accordance with ASTM E2491 and PH Tool Drawing No: 10208.
- Four (4) angled holes (30°, 45°, 60°, 75°) at 1.5 mm diameter.
- Array of 18 holes on 25 mm radius at 1.0 mm diameter. Angular separation between holes is 5.0°, with 2.5° of separation between the last two holes in the array.
- Array of 18 holes on 50 mm radius at 2.0 mm diameter. Angular separation between holes is 5.0°, with 2.5° of separation between the last two holes in the array.
- Vertical column of 16 holes at 1.0 mm diameter with 3.0 mm of separation between holes.
- Angled row of 12 holes at 1.5 mm diameter with 5.0 mm of separation between holes.
- Machine engraved tick mark at radii center-line.
- Machine engraved block description, alloy, and unique serial number.
These blocks are also available in 7075-T6 Aluminium, Type 304 Stainless Steel and Special Alloy.