The UM-1D is a simple to use, high accuracy, hand-held Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge with the ability to measure through paint and coatings and to even eliminate the thickness of the paint or coating. You can now test painted tanks, pipes, etc., without needing to remove the paint or make corrections for the paint thickness.
There are two operating modes of UM-1D ultrasonic thickness gauge: standard mode and coating mode. The operating principle of coating mode is E-E (echo-echo). When there is coating or oil paint on the surface of the object, the net thickness of the material can be directly measured neither having to remove the coating nor calibration. The operating principle of standard mode is P-E. With the covered coating, the measurement will not be very accurate, so the coating should be removed before measuring in standard mode. The advantage of this mode is that the measuring range is relatively wide: 0.031 inch-19.685 inch (with standard probe).
Features & Specifications:
- Measuring Range: 0.8~300 mm (standard mode) / 3~18 mm (coating mode).(Depending on the probe, materials and surface conditions).
- Unit and Resolution: mm-0.1/inch-0.01.
- Material’s Velocity Range: 1000~9999 m/s.
- Linearity Error: up to 2.5 cm: ±0.1 mm.
- Linearity Error: above 2.5 cm: ± 1%T (T = the thickness of the material).
- Display Screen: 128*64 dot-matrix LCD (42 x 57 mm) with backlight and switchable contrast ratio.
- Probe Calibration: 1-point calibration for normal measurement, 2-point calibration for high precision measurement.
- Data Storage: 5 files of 100 readings each.
- Minimum value checking: Moving the probe along the surface of the testing material allows the UM-1D to automatically find the thinnest point.
- Warning function: If the measured value exceeds the pre-set thickness limit, the warning tone will start.
- V-Path Modification: Auto V beam path modification to allow for the non-linear characteristics of twin crystal probes.
- Repeatability: ±0.1 mm.
- Auto shut-off: Will shut off automatically after 5 minutes of no activity.
- Size: 149 mm × 73 mm × 32 mm (H×W×D).
Weight: 200 grams (including batteries).
- Power: Two 1.5V AA alkaline batteries. Warning indicator for low battery voltage.
- Measurement update rate: 4 Hz in standard measurement mode, 25 Hz in minimum-capture mode.
Operating time: Up to 200 hours (without backlight), depending on backlight use and operating mode.
- Rubber case.
- Various probes.
- Data transmission cable and application software.