Opgal’s NDTherm System is a safe, fast and cost effective method of inspecting composites and laminates. NDTherm, manufactured by Opgal, enables fast real-time inspection of parts, both on the production line and in the field. Opgal’s state-of-the-art technology dedicated radiation sources, and proprietary image processing algorithms provide clear, concise images with good material penetration. This advanced thermography process quickly measures defects in various materials such as CFRP, sandwich structures and porous materials. The NDTherm system is suitable for large area surface inspection requirements, as well as situations where access is only available from one side of the structure. The technology can be utilized for high level quality assurance inspections in a manufacturing process, service and maintenance inspections or for damage assessment.
Opgal’s NDTherm Key Benefits:
- Contactless inspection method: No physical contact between the sensor and the inspected object is needed.
- Safe: Minor temperature differences suffice.
- Fast: Imaging technology allows for a global and instant inspection.
- Easy: No special setup or calibration needed.
- Single Side Access: Application dependent.
- Cost Effective: Compared to competing NDT technologies.
- Flexible: Production line or portable in the field. Manual or fully automated configuration.
Typical NDT Usage or Aircraft Mainframe:
- Skin to Core Disbond.
- Impact Damage.
- Adhesive Bonding.
- Paint Adhesion.
- Moisture Ingress.
- Wall Thickness & Wall Thinning.
- Spot Weld Inspection.
- Paint Thickness.
- Crack Detection.
- Fiber Orientation.
- Thermal Diffusivity.
- Self contained unit for fast in-service inspection.
- Single side access.
- User friendly touch panel interface.
- Single test inspection area: 400 x 500 mm (TBR).
- Minimum flaw size: 6 mm (TBR).
- Optional: Export control free version.
- System Weight: Measuring Unit: 8 kgs. Packed System: 32 kgs.