The MT-160 is capable of performing UT (ultrasonic thickness) measurements on a wide range of material, including metals, plastic, ceramics, composites, epoxies, glass and other materials that are good conductors of ultrasound.
- The MT-160 is capable of performing thickness measurements on a wide range of material, including metals, plastic, ceramics, composites, epoxies, glass and other materials that are good conductors of ultrasound.
- A range of transducers (probes) are available for specific applications.
- One or two-point calibration option for highly accurate results.
- Thickness measurement in single point mode or scan mode.
- Coupling status indicator verifies a good connection with the work surface
- Optional download software and cable for transfer of recorded data.
- Optional thermal mini-printer for immediate print out of measurements.
Standard configuration includes the instrument, No 5 probe (5MHz), 2 AA alkaline batteries, couplant, operating manual and instrument case.
Options include the download software and cable, mini printer and cable, 2MHz probe, 7 MHz Probe, 5MHz high temp probe.
- Measuring Range：0.75 mm～300 mm (in Steel).
- Sound Velocity Range： 1000~9999 m/s.
- Readout to 2 decimal places.
- Accuracy: ± 0.5% of the thickness + 0.04 mm (depending on material and conditions).
- Units: metric or imperial (selectable).
- Four measurement readings per second for single point measurement, and ten per second for Scan Mode.
- Memory: 20 separate files, with up to 99 thickness readings per file.
- Power Source: 2 “AA” size, 1.5 V alkaline batteries, allowing approximately 100 hours of operating time
- LCD display.
- Dimensions: 150×74×32 mm.
- Weight: 245 grams.