TELETEST FOCUS+ LONG RANGE GUIDED WAVE ULTRASONIC SYSTEM
Plant Integrity Ltd, a TWI Group Company, has released its new Teletest Focus+ Guided Wave Pulse-Receiver unit for detecting corrosion in pipelines. TWI (The Welding Institute, UK) developed the technology in response to requests from industrial members in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
These companies required a non-destructive testing (NDT) method capable of detecting corrosion in pipes and pipelines at areas inacessable for inspection by conventional NDT methods, i.e. insulated sleeved pipework or pipelines running under roads or elevated on pipe racks. The original Teletest equipment has been replaced by a system with greatly enhanced capability and the flaw detector is sold under the Teletest Focus+ trademark.
The basic system consists of:
- A low frequency flaw detector.
- the Teletest Focus unit Transducer ring or tool that wraps around the pipe.
- A lap-top computer that contains the software for controlling the system.
- Cable connector between the Teletest Focus unit and tool.
- Umbilical between Teletest Focus unit and laptop
Teletest Focus+ Technical Specifications:
- Standard Output Voltage: 300V peak to peak.
- Number of transducer channels: 80.
- Maximum number of averages: 1,000,000.
- Maximum Sample Range: 1000 ms.
- Receiving gain range: 1-120dB in 1dB steps.
- Teletest Focus+ weight: 8 kgs.
- Teletest Focus+ Dimensions: 33 x 33 x 14cm.
- Run time on battery: 10 hours.
- typical Screen: OLED Display.
- Communication Protocol: WiFi or Ethernet.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7.
- Automated Self Checking: Standard.
- Integrated Air Pump: Standard.