The Tritex NDT Multigauge 4100 and 4400 Underwater Thickness Gauges are simple, robust ultrasonic thickness gauges designed to be mounted onto all types of work class ROV’s. There are two models in the range, the Multigauge 4100 which has a depth rating of 1000 M and the Multigauge 4400 which has a depth rating of 4000 M. Both gauges have been designed and built to survive extremely harsh conditions that exist in the offshore and underwater industries worldwide. The gauges use multiple echo which means measurements can be easily taken without the need to remove coatings and the RS422 output makes connection to most ROV’s simple.
The gauge is equipped with IPR (Intelligent Probe Recognition), which automatically adjusts settings in the gauge for enhanced performance and AMVS (Automatic Measurement Verification System) to ensure only true measurements are displayed, even on the most heavily corroded metals.
- Intelligent Probe Recognition (IPR).
- Automatic Measurement Vertification (AMVS).
- Ignores coatings using multiple echo.
- Compatible with most ROV’s.
- Rugged, durable and robust.
- No zeroing required.
- Coating Plus+ for very thick coatings.
- Easy to use datalogging software.
- Depth rating to 1000m and 4000m.
- RS422 and RS232 compatible.
- Sound Velocity Range: From 1000 m/s to 8000 m/s (0.0394 in/µs to 0.3150 in/µs.
- Probes: Single crystal soft faced – 2.25 MHz, 3.5 MHz & 5 MHz.
- Measurement Range: 1-250 mm (0.04″ – 10″) depending on probe used.
- Probe Sizes: 13 mm (0.5″) & 19 mm (0.75″).
- Resolution: 0.1 mm (0.05″) or 0.05 mm (0.002″).
- Accuracy: ± 0.1 mm (0.005”) or ± 0.05 mm (0.002”).
- Output: RS422 or RS232.
- Depth Rating: Multigauge 4100: 1000 metres (3280’) – Multigauge 4400: 4000 metres (13,123’).
- Power required: 9Vdc – 30Vdc @150mA.
- Gauge Dimensions: 145 mm x 72 mm (5.71” X 2.83”).
- Gauge weight: Multigauge 4100: 465 grams – Multigauge 4400: 2500 grams.
- Environmental: RoHS and WEEE compliant.
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +50°C.
- Storage temperature: -10°C to +60°C.