The Elektrophysik MikroTest® has been the most widely used coating thickness gauge in the world over the last 40 years. International patents and our production “know-how” ensure that the gauge has the highest technical standards of all analogue magnetic coating thickness gauges. All instruments conform to national and international standards: DIN EN ISO 2178, DIN 50982, ASTM B 499, E 376, D 1186, G 12, B 530, BS 5411, ISO 2361.
Eleven models for every application are available in the MikroTest range.
The balanced measuring system ensures accurate readings at any angle.
- Horizontal, vertical, overhead.
- The gauge allows measurements on curved surfaces.
- Precise measurements in tubes and on round parts due to the automatic operation.
The measurement of the coating thickness is based on magnetic attraction. The attractive force is related to the distance between a permanent magnet and a steel substrate. This distance represents the thickness of the coating to be measured. The magnet is lifted from the surface by means of a spring connected to the magnet arm. The force needed to lift the magnet is directly related to the angle of rotation of the torsion spring. This measuring principle is also especially suited for electroplated nickel on copper, aluminium and other non-ferrous metals.
Features to make the operator’s quality control more precise and accurate.
- Highest accuracy with simplest operation.
- No calibration necessary. Simple set-up and measurement.
- All gauges are without power or battery.
- One point measurement.
- Robust metal case to protect from mechanical shocks.
- Precision measuring system resistant to solvents.
- MikroTest Type 5: Standard Version.
- MikroTest Type 6: Automatic Version.